Jerry.

Default Office floor: laminate vs. tree wood

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message
We're about to move house, and one of the "new" bedrooms will be used as
an office.

Our present office has a carpeted floor, and moving an office chair on
it has f^hrucked the carpet and underlay. SWMBO tells me not to move the
chair around on the floor, but to get up each time I want something from
the bookcase or whatever. I ignore her.

The new office has a laminate floor, which doesn't look all that bad,
but real wood would look so much better. Which would be harder wearing,
bearing in mind that I'm 18+ stone (about 115kg), so there's going to be
quite a load on said surface? If wood parquet is the better, any
recommendations as to type of wood and type of varnish?

Noise plus scratches come to mind, my suggestion would be carpet tiles of
good quality, many an office use them without to many problems / wear etc.