Chris McBrien

Eight inch flue does sound rather large to start with. =

I have a Bont Esse solid fuel (Anthracite) room heater that also does nine radiators.=
It is rated at 12kWatts. I also burn wood on this during the spring/autumn months. =

The flue size is five inch diameter. This comes out of the back of the stove and then goe=
s 90=C2=B0 and up into a very old clay liner that is eliptical in shape and about 11" on t=
he major axis. This change in cross sectional area does slow the flow rate down consid=
erably and I do get some smoke blow back occasionally. I've been told that I could run a=
new 5" liner all the way up to increase the draw.

So basically 8" does sound a bit large but if that is what is fitted then I wouldn't go an=
y larger.

x-- 30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion
x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month
x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD