Mike Halmarack

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:09:20 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:
On 5 Jul 2005 04:18:35 -0700, wrote:

Mike Halmarack wrote:

Can anybody tell me of one?
I've got a short run of custom designed skirting to produce.

can you not

a) form the shape from a set of existing cutters, making several passes

b) take a cutter and grind it yourself to the shape you want, using
angle grinder and frequent cold dips? Should manage 2m no problem.

NT

Great idea. I think that at the back of my mind I have an idea that if
I beat around this particular bush for a while, I'll come up with a
convincing justification to purchase a machine that will allow the
cutter to rotate truly into the necessary grinding positions.

You'd be crazy to try and machine this yourself.

You mean like "The Night of the Zombie Skirting Boarders" kind of
crazy?

Skirting is invaraiably
5 or 6 x 1 with a fancy bit on the top, ovolo or ogee. No one will
notice if they're separate sections.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack