dennis@home

"BigWallop" wrote in message
. uk...

There is a large house in Ravelston, Edinburgh, with remote switching for
curtain closing, light switching, TV switching Etc. Etc. Etc. And it's
all
done from a bank of LV relays and alpha-numeric keypad panels sited around
the house. It took us four weeks of very long days to create it, but the
finished product is pretty impressive, though I say it myself. :-)

Done that with a PC to program sequences and to allow for control using a
web browser.
Didn't bother with keypads though.. much more impressive using a tablet PC
running a flash program.

You could dim lights, switch appliances, change channels on the TV, etc.

It even had face recognition and took videos when people went into certain
places.
It sent SMS and email alerts if it decided you were an intruder.

I was working on routing the TV to the tablet PC when I had to leave it all.