John Rumm

Default Mini review: Marshalltown Permashape Trowel

If you ever wondered if it really can be worth spending the best part of
32 quid on a plastering trowel, I can now reveal the answer...

I skimmed an under stair ceiling (plus two rather tricky organic curvy
bits on the under side of two quarter winders), another ceiling (over
dodgy artex), and a couple of walls today. I managed to convince a
friend it really would be good fun to come and knock up for me ;-) He
brought with him a rather nice toy for me to play with:

I recall being impressed upon seeing it before (having ordered it for
him) but never having actually used it, could not say for certain if it
was much better at the job than the bog standard Wickes one I had been
using. Now I can, and it is *so* much better it made even my rough
efforts at skimming look almost ok! Long enough to get a good flat
surface. The shaped blade ensures no tell tale marks from the corners of
the trowel (without having top spend weeks wearing the blade in). When
doing large flat areas it makes polishing up very quick and easy. The
stainless steel construction is also light to handle, slips over the
plaster surface very easily, and is easy to clean after use. So all in
all I liked it so much I have now kidnapped it for a couple of days ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.