Set Square

Christian McArdle wrote:

The sealing plugs must have actually stopped the water leaking out,
which not everyone finds to be the case!

I've fitted half a dozen close coupled loos over the past few years,
zero silicone, zero leaks.

Actually, I didn't read the original post in close enough detail. I
was thinking of low cistern flush pipe types, rather than close
coupled.

Christian.

A "low level" rather than "close-coupled" may well be a different kettle of
fish - I've never done one of those.

Close coupled toilets have a bungy doughnut affair to seal between the
cistern and the pan. It's always best to replace these if you have to remove
the cistern for any reason - because they get compressed, and don't seal as
well next time.
--
Cheers,
Set Square