Martin Angove

In message .com,
wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:

Yes well, kind of a moot point now. I've persuaded them to let me
convert it back to a "cooker" circuit (someone had bunged a double
socket on the end of the 32A/6mm2 radial in the first place).

Having had a day to think about it, they really aren't sure that the hob
really did come with a fitted plug after all and erm, no, they can't
find the instruction manual for it either (12 months old remember).

Phew, I'm glad I wasn't just being paranoid :-)

Hwyl!

M.

Why didnt you just fit 2 mains leads, a plug on each, and replace the
single socket with a double? (lol)

Hey, don't laugh. I did that once. Temporarily, of course. I had
designed and built (with a colleague) an interactive exhibit which used
four or six hot air guns to heat the air for a hot air balloon. The
final install location was to be near a distribution board where we
could quite easily sit a 32A breaker and proper take-off, but for "proof
of concept" purposes we had to make do with a couple of standard 13A
sockets in the workshop...

Worked a treat in the workshop, but they made me redundant before I
could install it properly, and the people who did the installation
didn't really have time to get it right. I gather it still (two and a
half years later) isn't working. Getting a 10ft high balloon to fly on
demand and within the sort of attention span a typical 11 year-old has
is no easy task.

Hwyl!

M.

--