Mary Fisher

"Butter or marge please" wrote in message
news:1120473398.e35535e665add606de6066f4aec5e769@t eranews...
What's going on? :-)

So many of the people I meet these days in the UK put marmalade on
their toast with no butter.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or something because I put butter (margarine
actually) on toast as well as marmalade.

Now you might think I am wacko to ask about this but ....

... do you put butter/marge with your marmalade on toast?

I wouldn't use a butter substitute for ANYTHING!

The best bread (I make it) deserves the best butter (Welsh, 3% salt) and the
best marmalade (I make it).

I suspect that people who don't separate their bread and marmalade are
health or weight conscious.

Mary