s--p--o--n--i--x

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:54:42 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

I suggest you step back and take a critical look. IMHO the most likely cause
of the overheated wire was a poorly made connection between the wire and the
spade terminal. ONE failure is hardly sufficient to warrant a recall of the
product. I suggest you take a look at the number of failures of a similar
ilk which occur in imersion heater terminal boxes and nobody is rabbiting on
about recalling all the immersion heaters installed in the uk.
Or are you trolling?

To me it looks like the crimp overheated at the point where the wire
entered the crimp. In other words the crimp was not crimped correctly.

Surely if it were an inherent design fault the other crimp would have
failed the same way?

sponix