IMM

Default Plumbing questions

"vandelay" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 14:00:28 +0000 (UTC), vandelay
wrote:

1) Can bare copper pipe be buried (viz. with cement & plaster rendering
afterwards) in a brick partition wall ? If not, what protection

measures
should be taken/are available ?

There's something called something like Dobbo tape which I *think*
British Gas has tested and cleared for use when burying pipes. I think
you wrap it around the pipe. It's basically a fabric tape, around 5in
wide, which is coated in a weird kind of grease. It's water resistant
and very messy to use.

Not sure if it's called Dobbo. Something like that. It's cheap stuff and
sometimes recommended for fixing leaks in water pipes as a temporary
solution.

Denso. But I am not sure that it is up to the task of fixing water
leaks, or that it is approved (any more - it used to be) for wrapping
gas pipes for burial in masonry
.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

That's the one. I found this PDF file describing using Denso to coat
water pipes which are to be encased in concrete.

http://www.denso.net/P1P2new.pdf (the rest of the www.denso.net site is
interesting too).

I'm fairly sure that Denso is approved by British Gas for burying pipes.
I'm just not sure if that's for copper pipes.

There is special plastic pipes that come complete with outer sleeve. You
roll it into the floor. If the pipe fails it came be threaded out and new
one threaded back. Use this, as this is the regs now.

---