BigWallop

"Broadback" wrote in message
Andy Hall wrote:

SNIP
I'm sure that we've all seen Eddie Stobart trucks in our travels.
This firm gets 11/10 for marketing in my book. Road transport hardly
has a fancy image, but they've managed to achieve great fame in a
variety of ways - fan clubs the lot. One of the original ideas was
to have the drivers wearing a shirt and tie and shaving. It raised
the firm's image and profile. It's now changed somewhat, and he's
now able to sell the branded clothing as well.

It seems to me that the handyman market would be a great franchise
opportunity for somebody to invent.

Off topic here, but I have noticed that Eddie Stobbart no longer follows
those rules, since I suspect that the man himself retired. Sad, they have
even changed their livery, I wonder how they will do now.

The Stobbart regime is still in place. They still to be smart in
appearance, and have their vehicles clean and clear at all times. Their
drivers can actually be fined for not keeping up the appearance of the
company. A great incentive if you ask me. :-)