Stephen Dawson

Default Worktop worries...

"Bob" wrote in message

"simulet" wrote in message
om...
Make use of masking tape on both sides of the worktop, that should
minimise flaking of the laminate and you won't have to apply pencil
marks on your worktop. When we recently renovated our kitchen (still
ongoing btw), we actually measured a few cms extra, and after cutting
the worktop with a jigsaw, we sanded the edge to the size required.
The sanding provided by far the best solution - no flaking, and just a
very smooth surface to work with.

Simulet.

I don't think I'd have the patience for sanding - I have 10 cut ends (6
visible) and 2 mitred corners to do!

I'll see how the test cuts go before trying all the anti-chip tips - they
are good quality worktops (at least I hope they are - Axiom), so the
laminate should be well bonded. I should probably buy a new cutter

though -
then I'll know its sharp.

Bob

You will probably need to buy 3 cutters for that job for the amount of cuts
you are doing. Worktops will blunt them very quickly.

Steve Dawson