Mary Fisher

"Doctor Evil" wrote in message
eenews.net...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
Is it normal for a house built in the mid 70's to have the roof

rainwater
drain-off ending in a soak-away?
I'm building a largish patio and because of the area am including a
driveway drain at the lowest side. I was planning on splicing into the
rainwater drain but when I dug down to find the drain pipe I found that

it
ended in a soakaway. It's made things much simpler for me because now
can just feed the drain from the patio down into the soakaway as well
rather than having to break into a run of drain pipe. I'm just

surprised,
however, to find a house rainwater drain ending in a soakaway!

Why don't you divert the roof water into a butt and use it on the garden?

We
do, it's marvellous! Spouse is trying to work out how to do something
similar for the caravans :-)

Mary,

Tow the butt.

One caravan is on a permanent site on a daughter's farm and the water could
be used in her adjacent greenhouses, saving metered water. The other is in
our gaden and saved water would also be used in our greenhouse.

It makes sense to save as much water as possible.

Mary