Doctor Evil

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Uno Hoo!" wrote in message
Is it normal for a house built in the mid 70's to have the roof

rainwater
drain-off ending in a soak-away?
I'm building a largish patio and because of the area am including a
driveway drain at the lowest side. I was planning on splicing into the
rainwater drain but when I dug down to find the drain pipe I found that

it
ended in a soakaway. It's made things much simpler for me because now I
can just feed the drain from the patio down into the soakaway as well
rather than having to break into a run of drain pipe. I'm just

surprised,
however, to find a house rainwater drain ending in a soakaway!

Why don't you divert the roof water into a butt and use it on the garden?

We
do, it's marvellous! Spouse is trying to work out how to do something
similar for the caravans :-)

Mary,

Tow the butt.