John Rumm

Uno Hoo! wrote:

Well, I know what they are for - I just assumed that they were a last resort
when 'grey-water' sewers were not available. There are both foul-water
sewers and grey water sewers around my house and so I expected the rain
water to go into a proper sewer and not into a soak-away which seems rather
crude! Incidentally I found the end of the drain pipe was almost completely
clogged with dirt, debris, and a mesh of fine roots. All this had just
piled up against the rocks in the soakaway.

All the detail you could want can be found he

http://www.odpm.gov.uk/stellent/grou...ge/br0049.hcsp

--
Cheers,

John.