BigWallop

Default US - UK transforming

"Stix" wrote in message
om...
Hi - I have a retro 60's american blender I'd like to use in the UK.
It lists on the back the following electrical info :

115 V
25-60 Cycle
5.2 Amps (!!)
575 Watts

I'm guessing I can't just use a plug converter (too much load) and if
I use a transformer it will be bigger than the blender..?

Are there any other options - anyone know a company that will convert
- re-wire etc ?

Rgds

Finding someone to install a 240 volts ac motor of the right size might be
expensive.

The TLC-Direct.co.uk site has step down transformers of working ranges up to
3000 Watts.

Go to: www.tlc-direct.co.uk and type in the search words "Step Down" and it
should give you a list.

---