Martin Angove

In message ,
tony sayer wrote:

In article , Martin Angove
writes
In message ,
"john" wrote:

Imagine the outcry and costs if someone's own equipment caused an injury.
Look at PAT testing. Consider fire risks.
This doesn't imply that th eold TV donated by the League of Friends is any
better - but it should have been tested and the Hospital will have accepted
liability.

Absolutely. I suppose what I was really asking was why does this
hospital have a free-for-all on the TV front (a followup by the OP made
it clear that these are hospital-provided TVs) while most of those
around here see this sort of thing as an opportunity to make money, or
rather for some private firm who happens to have the contract to make
money.

In our local hospital Addenbrookes Cambridge, they use Patientline which
costs but as far as I know its free on the children's wards, so perhaps
not that bad

Oh right. We've never actually made it as far as a modern children's
ward. Our first stay was at Llandough (Cardiff) where they had portable
sets and a communal aerial (#2 was about 8 weeks old at the time). Our
second stay was just after they'd closed Llandough children's services
but although the spanking new Children's Hospital at UHW (Heath,
Cardiff) was taking patients, the operating theatres weren't in use so
wife and #2 (now about 15 months) were plonked on a ward full of
teenagers, and the dreaded payg things.

Won't go even further OT complaining about all the things which meant #2
managed about three hours of sleep instead of his usual 12 on the night
before the operation :-

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... All you folks do not exist. My sysop types all this stuff in.