Martin Angove

In message ,
"Chris wrote:

Would you not be allowed to make a second Earthing Plate near to your rising
water main. In a 1935 Household book it told you how to dig an Earth Pit. A
Zinc plate, household soot, sand and earth. All this about one foot down. I
believe these days you can just whack a Copper spike in and connect to it.

Things have moved on a long way since 1935. In particular you can't
"just whack a Copper spike in" because a wire isn't long enough. The
idea is to bond metallic services so that they are all at substantially
the same potential, and therefore they really need to be physically
connected to the same earthing point. There are situations where two or
more separate earthing systems are permitted, but I really don't see
how they could apply in a domestic situation... erm... you *are* aware
that this is *uk*.d-i-y?

Might I respectfully suggest, in the light of Part P, and particularly
regarding your "static" answer elsewhere in the thread that you refrain
from answering questions unless you have evidence (e.g. reference to
BS7671) to back up your assertion?

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... This tagline was reclaimed and is not yet stolen.