Pinot Grigio

"Tim Mitchell" wrote in message
In article , Christian
McArdle writes
Is there any way to remove this scratch on the glass - it is a
"squiggle" roughly 1 1/2 " long but doesn't seem too deep- but it is
extremely annoying....

I have no idea of whether it would help, or totally destroy the screen,
but
have you considered one of those car windscreen repair kits?

This is the best idea and does work. All you need to do is fill the
scratch with something which has a similar refractive index to the glass,
and that's what the windscreen repair kits do.
--
Tim Mitchell

If this is the route you decide to go and live in Surrey, I can recommend a
good windscreen repair guy. I think he charges about £35 a car windscreen
but does an excellent job. He nearly had a go at repairing some crystal for
me only it was extremely fiddly. If you spoke to him he would tell you if he
could do a tv screen repair. I will check back later and find his number if
you want it.