Dave

T i m wrote:

I am 48 years old and *still* spell some (often the same) words
incorectly .. but as long as I do my best to use capitals and a bit of
formatting / punctuation and everyone can understand the spirit of the
message does it *really* matter?

I'm with you, here :-)

I would love to be able to spell everything correctly (even if only to
get the pedants off my back) but I just can't (English being so messed
up .. "I before E except after C" .. yeah right ..), even when I use
the spell checkers that come in some apps, I can't even get the spell
checker to understand what I'm trying to write (and have to use
another word instead)!

My wife has the ability to spell 99 percent of words, but she is
absolute crap at maths. She runs a scout group and guess who has to
balance the books at the end of the year?

Going back to spelling, I am just hopeless and depend, largely, on spell
checkers. Over the years, they have helped me to spell a hell of a lot
better than I used to do, but alas, I still make mistakes in letters I
write.

I think my problem stemmed from being born with asthma and spending just
as much time at home ill, as I did at school learning.

As far as I know, I am not the least bit dyslexic, but as an aside, I
can't, for the life of me remember a name for over 5 seconds. Give me a
number and it is in my memory for ever. Names fall out of every orifice
I have ;-)
Numbers just go down to my belly and make it just that bit fatter :-)
Good luck with the dyslexia

dave