Lobster

Lobster wrote:
Andy Wade wrote:

Lobster wrote:

I need to run a 10mm earth bonding cable [...]

Do I need to do this using one unbroken length of cable, or am I
allowed to make a crimped joint to connect two shorter lengths?

A joint is allowed. Joints in protective conductors like this are
subject to the same rules as any other joints - i.e. they must be
sound and protected from corrosion, etc. and must be accessible if not
crimped, welded, brazed, soldered or resin potted.

An in-line crimped joint will be fine in a reasonably dry location.
I'd protect it with overall heatshrink sleeving, although that's not
actually required for sizes of 10mm^2 and over. Bear in mind that
10mm^2 is beyond the range of the usual insulated crimps so you'll
need to beg, borrow or hire the appropriate heavier duty crimp tool
and the correct crimp 'lug'.

Ah, the joys of uk.d-i-y! Thanks for the replies - but so far I have
one "don't know", one "no" and one "yes"! I'll wait and hope that a
consensus is reached... or can anyone give me a definitive source with
the ccorrect answer?

I now make the score three-two in favour of the 'Yes' camp...
Where do I go for a definitive answer? My newly-expert BCO? ;-)

--
David