RedOnRed

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi Guys

A number of posters have given good reports of Worcester-Bosch boilers so
I am considering one for my heating upgrade.

Can someone who knows help me with some clarification please?

On the web site, the 29HE is stated as suitable for a small to medium
house, whereas the 28HE states medium to large. How can this be when the
29HE has the slightly higher output?

From what I can tell the 29HE is a standard boiler while the 28HE is a
system boiler, which you've kind of answered below anyway.

The larger models state that a modulating pump is included in the "system"
boiler options. Is this the same as a Grundfos Alpha type model, and
would these be compatible with the 29HE?

I have heard that some system boilers have an inaccessible expansion
vessel which means major dismantling in the event of problems with
diaphragm etc. Is this the case with the 28HE?

To be honest, I am undecided whether to go:

a) 29HE with external pump and leave system as is (with expansion tank in
loft)
b) 29HE with external pump but convert to sealed system by fitting
expansion vessel in airing cupboard
c) 28HE and convert to sealed system

My house is 1970s construction with mostly new rads that I have replaced
myself.

Any thoughts/clarification appreciated

Phil