Ed Sirett

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:57:16 +0000, raden wrote:

In message . uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 01:17:53 -0700, morganuk wrote:

good tip. i had the pcb replaced just a few months ago so i can get the
same guy back in. you don't think it's a faulty fan/transformer?

Probe the voltage on the fan.
Full speed is 230V and the standby speed will be around half that.

I wasn't going to post it, because I'm not sure (and it's in the manual)
but I think it's something like 90 volts

I was working on the assumption that something between 80-130V woudl
probably do the trick and zero would be pretty much the smoking gun.