Martin Angove

In message . com,
wrote:

My daughter (7) is in hospital at the moment (just had a piece of her
tibia and part of her knee replaced with titanium (as part of her
treatment for bone cancer)).

All the kiddies on her ward have a combined TV/Video by their bed to
keep them ammused c/w an indoor aerial. Some have small Yagis which
work absolutely fine, some have rabbit's ears (like twin transistor
radio FM aerials) these are comletely useless.

I remember my parents using such an aerial for TV reception about 30
years ago and they were completely useless then. Why on earth are they
being sold again?

Can't add any more answer to your question than the others already have,
but the hospitals around here don't let people bring their own equipment
in, where is this enlightened establishment? All the big ones around
here have some rip-off pay-as-you-go thing combining mini LCD TV,
telephone and radio which hinges down over the bed. Visitors are
encouraged to buy "top up cards" from vending machines and even mobile
phones are supposed to be switched off on the wards, forcing you
to use the bed-phone thing, though the nurses on general wards don't
seem to mind if you set the ringer to silent.

The smaller hospital we've been to has ordinary tellies on the wards run
through a communal aerial system.

All the best to the little one. Our #2 (now 18 months) has spent some
time in hospital, nothing life threatening, but it's an incredibly
heart-rending moment when the anaesthetic takes hold...

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: