BillV

Default Leaking copper joint

"mrcheerful" wrote in message

"john" wrote in message
om...
Just completed CH and HW installation in a small flat. Unfortunitly
there was one leak on a 22mm tee running on a wall at the back of the
kitchen units. This was the one joint where I did not use a heat
deflector cloth.. When I opened the joint the solder had not taken at
the back.. It is like the heat did not get around the back on the
joint.
The other thing is the mains stopcock makes a very loud hissing, I
wonder how the could be avoided. Does it depend on the size of pipe.

most likely is lack of cleaning and or lack of flux there. If the rest of
the way round is ok then that bit would have been hot enough.

Open the stop valve wide to reduce the hiss.

I'd aggree with that. The hissing is normally caused by some throttling
effect