antgel

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
antgel writes:
Hi all,

Thanks to all your help, I've finished the lighting in my lounge and
kitchen, and everything works well.

I'm moving onto the kitchen electrics now. I'm buying a built-in oven
and a built-in microwave, both of which have plugs on. Is it okay to
run an unswitched double socket from the cooker switch? I'm sure that
the microwave would work on the normal ring, but for convenience I'd
like to plug it into the cooker circuit this way.

Providing there's no wired-in cooker on it anymore, then yes,
you can effectively turn it into a 20A or 30A radial circuit.
If the circuit is protected at more than 30A (fuse or MCB),
then reduce the protection to 30A max.

The current MCB for the cooker circuit is 15A. Is this likely to be
enough to power an oven, microwave, and hob? I can't uprate it as my
CU can only take 100A max. If it's going to be a problem, I suppose
I'll have to have to put the microwave and hob on the normal ring.

Antony