DIY Novice

Default How long does it take hot water to get from combi boiler to shower?

I'm getting a new central heating system fitted, probably a Vaillant
Turbomax 282 combi boiler. I wanted to put the boiler in a small
utility room at the back of the house but my plumber suggested a
better location would be to put it in the kitchen as it will take less
time for the hot water to get to the shower/bath.
Is this reasonable or is he trying to make his job easier/cheaper. The
difference in distance is about 15 feet.
We will be fitting new 22mm pipes throughout, will this help to
alleviate this?
I would rather not put the boiler in the kitchen as it opens onto the
dining room and I'm worried about the noise aspect. The plumber says
this boiler is virtually silent, is this correct?.
If the total journey is about 35 feet how long will it take for the
hot water to reach my shower?