BigWallop

"morganuk" wrote in message
oups.com...
My Puma 80 lights okay, heats up okay, but the pilot keeps going out
when we leave it for a few hours. It relights fine, but just relighting
doesn't cure it. Any ideas?

Have you allowed anything to grow passed the outside of the flue? This can
cause wind direction changes that will either blow inward and blow the pilot
out, or suck the air away from the flue and suffocate the small pilot flame.

When was the boiler last serviced? Thermo couplings which detect the pilot
flame can become weak and not hold the control valve open properly. It
might be worth having an engineer look at it for you.

There are a number of other points which can cause these symptoms, but I'll
leave at the basic ones.