:::Jerry::::

"Parish" wrote in message
snip

Yes, some of them are better at printing money than fixing cars :-(
When I took the Fiesta in, the first thing they did was have a
technician go out for a test drive. As we were walking to the car I
explained the problem and he said, without hesitating, "It'll be the

MAF
sensor". After driving only a couple of hundred metres he said

"Yeah,
it's the MAF sensor" - this is what makes me suspect it's a common
problem - yet they still (allegedly) hooked it up to the diagnostic
station, probably more as a excuse for charging an extra 20 mins

labour
(for 5 mins work).

No, it's to double check that the diagnosis agrees with the
diagnostic, you would soon be shouting from the roof tops if they
fitted (say) a new MAF sensor and then find it's failure was a result
and not a cause...