Parish

On 23/06/2005 11:04 :::Jerry:::: wrote:

"Parish" wrote in message
On 23/06/2005 09:04 :::Jerry:::: wrote:

snip

This is the problem, many faults can cause the same or very

similar
faults, this is why the dealer checked the fault-code and didn't

just
steam-roller into changing the said sensor / component

Indeed, but I get the impression that the OP's garage is not a Ford
dealer with the Ford diagnostic kit and list of the error codes.

It would have to be a half-witted back-street garage for them no to
have such diagnostic kit, this equipment is not dealer specific

Really? So if I took the Fiesta, or my Saab, to say a Vauxhall dealer or
(good, competent) independent that they'd be able to hook them up to
their diagnostic kit and extract as much info as the respective main
dealers? I would have thought that the manufacturers would make their
systems (both in the car and the workshop) proprietary in order to
(attempt to) force people to use their dealers.

and
the fault codes are available to the trade.

Again, that surprises me - for the reasons stated above.

BTW, I'm not being sarcastic, I'd be interested to know.

Regards,

Parish