John Rumm

T i m wrote:

The only minor fear I have is when drilling older houses (like mine ..
1897, solid 9" walls and morter mostly sand) that the power of an
'impact' drill might knock some of the bricks about? Also with SDS

It will depend on the wall I guess... we have solid 9" walls here with a
further inch of rock hard render over. No problems drilling with the
SDS, although you need to take it easy on the exit if drilling right
through so that you don't take too big a lump out the wall as an exit wound!

drills being generally heaver I think you loose a bit of 'feel'
compared with a lighter drill?

I think my SDS and my hammer drill are simmilar weights... The hammer
drill is in theory 2 speed (although only the fastest speed works now),
so there is far less finesse than I get with the SDS and its very good
speed controller.

--
Cheers,

John.