Lurch

Default New House Just Built - Pipes???

On Mon, 24 May 2004 00:36:18 +0100, "SantaUK" strung
together this:

Girlfriend has moved into a new built Persimmon home in January. She wants
me to put up an outside tap. No issues with plumbing it - but the pipes in
the home are gray plastic in appearance types. All joints have silver
"rings" round them. I'll need to get the Digital Camera out and take
photos. There used on the heating pipes as well.

Anyone any idea what these are -

Sound's like Marley Equator fittings. Have a google on them.

I assume push to fit,

Yep, but not dismantleable though.

but some joints are
down with old style compression's too.

That's fine, as long as the pipe has the coorect inserts or liners, erm,
inserted. These are metal reinforcing rings that go on the inside of the pipe to
prevent deformation.
I'm assuming there's meant to be a question in there somewhere, if it was how do
I connect the new pipes to the plastic pipework then it depends what the new
pipe is. Personally I'd use copper through the wall, and through the service
valve inside then just cut a tee into the plastic pipe inside, remembering to
use the liners. The tee could be conpression or a matching Marley Equator.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd