T i m

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:18:13 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

T i m wrote:

Indeed .. or break up something sufficiently to let you continue with
a lighter/ quieter cheapo 'hammer' (that aren't) drill?

I have always found my SDS to be much quieter than my standard hammer
drill. Especially as you can usually drill using very little speed
giving quite a low frequency note - far nicer than my old bosch howling
like a banshee!

Hmmm .. good point. ;-)

The only minor fear I have is when drilling older houses (like mine ..
1897, solid 9" walls and morter mostly sand) that the power of an
'impact' drill might knock some of the bricks about? Also with SDS
drills being generally heaver I think you loose a bit of 'feel'
compared with a lighter drill?

Still looking ...

All the best ..

T i m