T i m

On 22 Jun 2005 21:23:07 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:01:46 UTC, T i m wrote:

I once had a 'masonary punch' that was perfect for cracking a hard
thing with a few taps of a hammer then being able to drill on through.
From memory it had a plated hex body like a cold chisel and a long
fluted parallel shaft / 'punch' bit?

A quick google reveals this. I think it's what you are after...

http://diytools.com/store/search.asp?ProductTypeID=575

"Google" .. I knew I had forgotten something (seriously)! ;-) (Also I
wasn't sure what they were called so that wouldn't help my search ..)
;-(

But alas they aren't what I am thinking of Bob as they look like they
are designed for an SDS drill and that was what I was trying to avoid
(in this case).

All the best ..

T i m