Brian Sharrock

"RichardS" wrote in message
"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:07:58 +0100, "RichardS"
wrote:

snip

I'm sure they won't be, but insulation products such as this damned well
ought to be VAT zero rated.

But isn't this to create a "computer facility" for your servers?

A reasonable business expense, I think.

Now that is damned good thinking! I'll run it by my (very cautious)
accountant. Just as long as it couldn't have any business-rates
implications (it shouldn't have - the loft remains very much shared use,
as
do all other rooms in the house).

Be sure to ask your accountant about the implications of capital-gains-
tax on the (future) sale of a building that's not just only your
principal (sole-use) residence! Remember that accountants tend to
provide an answer to the question you ask - not to the question
you should have asked. Gordon now controls both the Customs (VAT)
but the Revenue (income, and Capital Gains tax (plus others too
numerous to mention).

--

Brian