Arthur

"Arthur" wrote in message

"Set Square" wrote in message
Arthur wrote:

Hi all.
The Corgi guy is coming tomorrow and alongside of the other tasks, he
will be laying
a gas pipe run beneath the floor in the hall. The pipe will run
parallel with the floor boards
for at least 3 metres. I have loosened a number of boards to make
the job easier/quicker.
But I haven't yet made it possible to manouvre a pipe much longer
than a couple of feet long
into the gaps beneath the joists.

I'd like to hear your ideas on this as in what should I do.

Thanks.

Arthur

Unless there's a lot of clearance under the joists, it's difficult to
feed
long rigid pipes in that way - 'cos adjacent joists limit the angle of
attack.

You can get a better angle by feeding it in parallel to and between the
joists - and then dropping it and rotating it under the joists.

Alternatively, might it be possible to feed it in through an air brick?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Thanks, Set.
The air vented piece of wood beneath the door step would be the likely
entry point using your idea.
Havinf said all this, the guy will probably run it through notches accross
the tops of the joists.

Arthur

And having said 'That'. I've just checked these joists are only 3" deep so
the pipe will have to go under.

Arthur