Owain

PeteZahut wrote:
Sort of like a ceiling rose has the connections then a length of wire to the
pendant. In the light/fan fitting there is the junction box then a
pre-fitted wire to the actual light/fan (not two seperate feeds).
Unfortunately because its been on display in the shop there are no
instructions. However, the man behind the counter has said you could use the
brown, blue and earth wires from the pendant and add a red wire for the
permanent live . I know I can take all these from the ceiling rose as it is
but I'd like to be able to isolate the permanent live just in case plus keep
the original light switch, hence the out of reach switch. Does that make
sense or is it overkill on the safety side?

Then you need to take a triple-and-earth from the existing (ceiling rose
as is) terminals to a 3-pole isolator, then back to the fan/light. This
will be easier if you can open a trap above the ceiling rose and pull
the cables (*label them first*) back into the ceiling void and fit a
junction box.

You can mount the fan isolator switch on the ceiling if you want.

This will leave the original light switch controlling the light/fan,
with timer overun of the fan.

Owain