Peter Johnson

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:38:16 +0100, "Jo King"
wrote:

Any one know how to fit these solid bath panels all you get is the panel and
plinth no fittings or instructions .

When I was about to do mine I asked the fitter who did my shower room.
(I was doing the job I couldn't afford to pay him to do and the shower
room was more complex.) No hard and fast rules he said, but he usually
fixed a batten to the wall at each end of the bath and then held the
panel in place with silicon, followed by a bead of silicon around each
edge. If you ever need to remove the panel cut the silicon with a
knife.
When I can to do the job I measured up for the plinth and screwed it
(four screws I think) to the panel from the rear. When I'd got that
right I offered it up to the bath before fitting any battens and was
so pleased with the fit that I went straight for the silicon along
both sides and top edge. It's been there a year now and I haven't
needed to touch it.