Owain

PeteZahut wrote:
Assuming you don't want to use the timer facility, supply the fan with
Live and Neutral, and link the PermanentLive and SwitchedLive terminals at
the fan. If you are taking the supply from a socket circuit, use a Fused
Connection Unit fused at 3A.

Thanks so far Owain, what i was hoping to do was just replace the pendant
light which is in the computer room, this would give me a switched live,
neutral and earth,

You should also find the Permanentlive at the ceiling rose.

I was then going to take the permanent live from the feed
to the lights and use a shower type pull cord switch or just one of the wall
type shower/cooker switches which would be out of sight but accessible if
needed, but also left on . Could i do this, I'd then have my twin and earth
and strap a red wire to this. If I can do it that way, how would I wire the
pull cord switch?
Would i be wrong in thinking that just having a switch to isolate the
permanent live will be ok, the lights obviously are covered by the consumer
unit. I would want the fan to run after the light has been turned off.
Pete

If you want the fan to run on after the light (on the timer), you will
need separate Permanentlive and Switchedlive to the fan, in parallel
with the connections at the ceiling rose, going through a 3pole isolator
ot the fan.

*All* poles (including Neutral) to the fan must have an isolation switch.

Owain