Doctor D

Interested in the Dr Drivel! What's that about?

In case you're new to this NG, there is a frequent poster currently

calling
himself 'Dr Evil' (an inadvertent anagram of 'drivel') to whom the answer

any question is to install one or more combi boilers. His views are
disregarded by the more discerning contributors!

The problem which you are going to have with *any* system producing

instant
hot water is that - unless you have a very large capacity cold mains
supply - turning on *any* tap will reduce the mains pressure and have
repercussions elsewhere in the house. This is regardless of the number of
independent heating devices - because they are *all* fed from the same

mains
supply.

In your position, I would be seriously considering a hot water storage
system - probably using instant hot water from the combi for the kitchen

tap
only. With suitable zone valves etc. you can make the CH side of the combi
heat both the radiators *and* a tank of hot water.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Thanks for the useful advice - time to start planning my attack on this one
I think.
I used to be a regular visitor to this NG, but have been too busy with other
things (the house mainly!) in recent times. I'll watch out for Dr Evil. I
had already concluded the limitations of our cold water supply. As you say,
stored seems to be the way to go.