RichardS

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
Does anyone see any fault with this plan, and do I need to install any
additional vents (if so, how - I really don't fancy climbing on the

roof)?

If there is plenty of soffit ventilation, I think you may just get away

with
it, although I suspect some BCOs might want to see ridge vents.

Shame you've got sarking, though! Without it, you could fully fill the
rafters and just put in breathable membrane next time the tiles/slates

need
changing.

hmm, I may have completely the wrong term for this - I can't see the
underside of tiles, there's a plastic membrane underneath them (& over all
the rafters) - the kind that is reinforced with an internal mesh.

There's no requirement for BCO involvement in this is there? It isn't a
loft conversion, just a boarded loft. Well, at the moment, but if it does
get converted that'll obviously require the whole Building Control
enchilada.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at