PeteZahut

Default Extractor fan with light

Im looking at the possibility of buying an extractor fan with built in
spotlight like the ones used in bathrooms. The reason for this is to help in
cooling down the computer room. What Im proposing doing is fitting this and
running the outlet pipe???? through the eaves. I know we can just leave a
window open but the problem with this is moths etc coming in of a night time
and the wife wont entertain one of those fly screens across the window. If
we had a fan in the ceiling we would have an airflow there because the hall
has a few airbricks which are very efficient.
Im thinking this would work, any ideas?
Secondly, the ones I have been looking at require 4 wires and an isolating
switch.
The four wires are one permanent live to enable the fan to run on when the
light goes off. One live, one neutral (switched live?) and one earth. I
gather the isolating switch is to enable work to be carried out on the fan
if needed but how would this be done. Dont all isolating switches only have
three connection points? Is it just the permanent live which needs to be
fitted to this switch?
I hope Ive explained that well enough.
Cheers
Pete