Owain

Capitol wrote:
I believe that Tesco is one of the few companies who would be capable of
operating in the US market, which is normally death for most incompetent
British company managements. So far they have decided not to enter.

A couple of years ago Safeway got Tesco to run their home grocery
shopping trial for them (Tesco being world leaders in home grocery
shopping). I don't know if they still are.

However, I buy wines from Lidl as Tesco
are too expensive for cheap plonk which probably comes from the same
place! Lidl is a useful place for "oddments" I find. So they provide a
level of interest to a casual shopper which Tesco now lacks.

I feel that Tesco are not being adventurous enough in sourcing. Lidl get
a lot of their stuff from Eastern Europe, where Tesco is very strong on
sales development.

Owain