andrewpreece

wrote in message
oups.com...
Talking of putty.

What's the best way to paint putty ?

Do you paint it while it's fresh or leave it for a while ?

Are there any tips and tricks ?

You need to let it form a skin, otherwise it mingles with the paint when you
put it on.
I found that one day isn't enough to form a skin, but the tub says it should
be painted
within a week (? or was it month?!!) so I would give it a few days before
painting. It will
form a skin much quicker IMHO if it is in a draught or can catch the breeze.
Oh., there is a special putty knife, I've never used one but I imagine it's
worthwhile.
Also, don't put so much putty on that it is visible from inside the window:
I did that once and
it looks naff.

Andy