dmc

In article ,
ChrisJ chris@youmustbejokingifyouthinkImputtingmyrealadd resshere.com wrote:

I've got an N reg 1.25 Fiesta Zetec with 80k on the clock. It starts
first time every time and runs fine and smoothly. However I have the
following two problems.

Problem 1.
After starting, although the engine sounds fine its absolutely gutless
and has a real job pulling away up a slight gradient (yes I AM in first
gear and the brake is off). Once its warm its OK. No problems at all.

Could this be a misfire? We had this problem and apparantly it's quite
common.

[snip]

Problem 2.
This started after the service and it didn't happen before the service.

[snip]

Did you happen to have new spark plugs fitted at this service? If so then
I suspect you have a bad misfire (probably plug lead one from what I
remember). I think this problem got so bad on the mondeos that there was
actually a technical bulletin sent around about it - I *think* the fiesta
Zetec suffers the same way.

Darren