John Smith

Default Putty - still the choice for windows?

Hi,

I have a wooden window, about 16" x 24", that the outside putty is falling
off. I have to replace it obviously and, as I have not puttied in a long
time, I wonder whether putty is still considered the correct material to use
or whether there are newer, more flexible, easier to use products around?
Any suggestions welcome... or should I stick with the knife and putty?

The window faces the sea and takes quite a hammering from the elements but,
basically, the putty has lasted since about 1989.

Thanks,

John.