urchaidh

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article .com,
urchaidh wrote:
I'm looking at reinstating a 15A spur to a socket in our kitchen for an
oven. The previous owner had an all gas cooker which (I guess) whould
just have been plugged into the ring main for any leckie it needed.

However, you say you wish to run an oven off it. As a radial?
Many ovens may be just plugged into the ring main. Those that can't
usually require rather more than a 15 amp feed, for which this cable
wouldn't be suitable.

Yeah, it'll have to be a 13A oven with a plug. I thought I might add an
extra radial (on a spare 15A fuseway) for it rather than have it on the
kitchen ring main.

Would that have to be 20A fuseway? In that case I guess I could make it
a proper radial and have another socket on it for the fridge (20m2
kitchen, 30m cable). Then if I ever upgrade the CU I could have an RCD
on the kithen ring main, MCB only for the cooker/fridge.

To many options! Should I just plug the 13A oven it into the kithen
ring and the job is done.

I can never see me wanting a leckie hob so I doubt that I'd bother with
the whole 10mm2 dedicated cooker radial.