Fray Bentos

"EricP" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:06:11 GMT, "Fray Bentos"
babbled like a waterfall and said:

hello. We have a upvc door fitted 5 yrs ago. It has 3 hinges. The top

hinge
is coming away from the frame not the door. How easy is it to take the

door
off its hinges to re screw the top hinge into the frame?

many thanks

If you look at the hinges they may have pins that can be driven out
easily allowing the hinges to be seperated. I does save a lot of time.

When rehanging two assistants are nice or some small pieces of wood to
lift the door on to for the pins to be reinserted. No force should be
required other than very gentle tapping with a SMALL hammer or rubber
hammer.

looking a little closer it seems the hinge has a hex slot at the top and the
bottom. maybe undo one against the other and the door lifts off?