Andy Hall

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:14:33 +0100, Grunff wrote:

The quality of the hood makes a huge difference to how well it extracts.
We bought a twin fan hood from Elica, which works much, much better than
our old Baumatic hood used to.

I'd recommend using a venting hood, and installing the biggest diameter
duct you can. 5" is much better than 4".

Agreed.

Take a look at a fairly powerful blower and 120mm or 150mm duct for
this kind of length. Try to avoid sharp corners in the ducting by
using the flexible type if possible.

Take a look at Elica, an Italian manufacturer. Elica make their own
branded products plus virtually all for other vendors in Europe on a
private label basis.

Their UK distributor is DR Cooker Hoods

http://www.elica.co.uk/

This site is useful for the catalogue.

DR don't supply directly but through resellers such as TLC Electrical
and others. It's worth shopping around for best price.

I fitted one of their Built-in 80 Ultra models a couple of years ago
and it's excellent.

It's well worth getting the kind with metal mesh grease filters
because these can simply be taken out and washed.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

http://www.diybanter.com