Rick

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:45:36 +0100, David
wrote:

In article , Rick news@pen-
y-geulan.com writes
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:37:31 GMT, "keith_765"
wrote:

"Rick" wrote in message
I have had "The Slate Roof Bible" on order from amazon.co.uk in the UK
for 12 weeks, its on a 4-6 week delivery, and they just delayed me
again.

So I orderd form amazon.com, on a "1-2 day delivery", and they just
delayed it.

Does anybody know where I can get this book from, or if there is any
other similar books, or even if you have a copy you would kindly sell
me.

The rafters are up, the insulation is on, the slates are on the floor,
I need to build some more confidence before an allmighty mess arrives

Thanks
Rick
Rick
What is it you want to know about roof slating.
Keith.

There are things I know, or have found out
There are things I know I don't know - thankfully few
and things I don't know I don't know - aka experience

Ah the "unknown unknowns" to quote Rumsfeldt,

Its the last lot I need to take care of, I normally find a good book a
case of wine, and a few nights of noting on the TV deals with it just
fine.

Its just the way I am. I worked in a University Resarch dept, we would
do anyting that we could get a book for and read to learn how to do
it. We alos did stuff there was no books for, but most of the time it
was a long job to work out how. I prefer the book method.

I did mine on a trial and error basis and also there were a lot of slate
roofs nearby for me to have a look at if I got stuck, its actually very
straightforward once you get into it, its the valleys and hips that are
a bit tricky in trying to get the angles right.

I have 10 valleys, 4 ridges & 2 hips :-(

Rick